Nobeoka Castle 延岡城
Reconstructed North Otemon
Picture Donated by Frank T.
Founder Takahashi Mototane
Takahashi
Year 1603
Type Hilltop
Condition Other Buildings
Alternate Name Agata-jo, Kamei-jo
Admin's Rating ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Location Nobeoka, Miyazaki Pref.
Map Google Map
Access Nobeoka Sta (Nippo Line), bus or 25 min walk
Website Nobeoka History
Notes The North Otemon was reconstructed in 1993.
History Takahashi Mototane started constructing this castle in 1601 and completed it in 1603. It is thought that the castle was constructed on the site of the Tsuchimochi clan's fortified palace. 1613 Takahashi was caught up in a scandal for harboring a criminal and was replaced by Arima Yasuzumi. Arima further fortified the castle including building a 3 level yagura as a main keep In 1655. It burned down in 1683 and was not replaced. After the Arima, the Miura, Makino and Naito clans became lords of the castle until the Meiji Restoration. In 1870 the castle was decommissioned and turned into a garden.
Photo Tags

0
Viewer Comments

Comment on this castle
Average Rating
Sign in to add this castle to your castle visits or to rate it.
  • Global rating average: 0.0 out of 5
  • 0.0
  • 0.0
  • 0.0
  • 0.0
  • 0.0
  • 0.0
  • 0.0
  • 0.0
  • 0.0
  • 0.0

Nobeoka, Miyazaki Pref.
Nobeoka Castle views
Reconstructed North Otemon impressive stone wall
Stone walls Atop the stone wall