Ema Tokimori built this castle under the orders of Takeda Shingen in 1564 to be the focal point of his intrusion into the Etchu area. It was a secondary castle to the Ema's home castle of Takahara Suwa Castle. In 1585 it was taken over by Kanamori Nagachika when he was given lordship of the Hida area by Hideyoshi. In 1615 it was decommissioned by the Edo Government.
There's also an old farmhouse that appears to be have been relocated to just outside the gate. Otherwise, there's not much to see.
Photos and notes by Frank T.
|English Name||Kamioka Castle|
|Castle Condition||Reconstructed main keep|
|Historical Period||Pre Edo Period|
|Year Reconstructed||1970 (concrete)|
|Features||main keep, gates, stone walls, walls|
|Access||Hida Furukawa Sta. (Takayama Line)|
|Visitor Information||450 yen, open 900-1700|
|Location||Hida City, Gifu Prefecture|
|Coordinates||36° 19' 47.68" N, 137° 18' 8.35" E|
|Added to Jcastle||2011|
|Admin Year Visited||Viewer Contributed|
|Admin Visits||Viewer Donated|