Nagasawa-jin’ya, also called Kose-jin’ya, was constructed in 1782 by Kose Toshinaga, a bannerman under Tokugawa Yoshimune with a fief valued at 5,000 koku. In the early 19th century Lord Kose Toshimasa took over the jin’ya. In 1838 Lord Kose Toshisada took over. In 1861 Lord Kose Toshikuni took over. Feudalism and the jin’ya was abolished in 1869, at which time Lord Kose was probably inducted into a junior role of Japan’s new Imperial aristocracy whilst his underlings were disenfranchised, conditions which prompted many samurai rebellions. Deputy governors under Lord Kose Toshinaga are listed as Inaba Zen’wemon and Watanabe Gowemon.
The site of Nagasawa-jin’ya in Toyokawa Municipality is now fields bounded with some stone walls near to the railway track. Part of the structure of the jin’ya survives (jin’ya were administrative compounds built during the Edo period by small daimyō and representatives of the Shogunate), having been relocated to a nearby temple for use as its entrance hall, albeit in a modified form.
|No main keep but other buildings
|Meiden-Nagasawa on the Meitetsu Nagoya Line; 8 min walk
|24/7; Free; Temple
|Toyokawa, Aichi Prefecture
|34° 52' 25.79" N, 137° 17' 0.89" E
|Added to Jcastle
|Admin Year Visited
|Friends of JCastle
|Jōkaku Shashin Kiroku