Wadayamako Castle (Omi)
Wadayamakojō was the fortified redoubt used by the Wada Clan to protect their main residence at the Wada-yakata below. It is unrelated to the later Wadayamajō built in 1560 after Wada-yakata was already abandoned.
The ruins of Wadayamakojō are much more degraded than those of neighbouring Wadayamajō, but there are several features. The shukuruwa (main bailey) is a flat space of about 30m². Beneath it to the east is evidence of terraced slopes for sub-baileys, and a koguchi (castle gate).
See also Wadayama Castle (Shiga).
|English Name||Wadayamako Castle|
|Year Founded||Medieval Era|
|Castle Condition||Ruins only|
|Historical Period||Pre Edo Period|
|Access||Notogawa Sation on the Biwako Line; 40 minute walk|
|Visitor Information||24/7 free; mountain|
|Time Required||30 minutes|
|Location||Higashi-Ōmi, Shiga Prefecture|
|Coordinates||35° 10' 26.11" N, 136° 11' 19.25" E|
|Added to Jcastle||2022|
|Admin Year Visited||Viewer Contributed|
|Friends of JCastle|
Enable comment auto-refresher